The Canon PowerShot S100 Digital Camera is a sophisticated pocket-friendly point-and-shoot digital camera that has the power advanced users and enthusiasts need to create standout images. This Canon camera is a compact digital camera with built-in flash, 5x Optical/4x Digital/20x Combined Zoom, with Optical Image Stabilizer System. As with other PowerShot cameras, the compact Canon Power Shot S100 Camera incorporates all of the advanced Canon technologies that make capturing superb photos and video as easy as pressing a button. Yet, when it's time to get creative, the very same camera in the hands of a skilled photographer can produce stunning images that would be at home in a gallery. As automatic or manual as you need it to be, the Canon S100 PowerShot is, at once, a pocket camera and a serious photographic tool, impressing even demanding pros. It incorporates the Canon HS SYSTEM, now featuring the new DIGIC 5 Image Processor for enhanced image quality and amazing low-light performance. The fast f/2.0 lens helps you tackle unfavorable lighting and capture breathtaking portraits with beautiful, shallow depth-of-field. The robust 12.1 Megapixel sensor ensures crisp, richly detailed images, and a 5x Optical Zoom lets the Canon S100 Powershot Digital Camera provide an excellent all-around range to shoot near or far.
Specifications for Canon S-100 Power Shot Compact Digital Camera:
|Image Capture Device|
|Type:||1/1.7-inch CMOS sensor|
|Total Pixels:||Approx. 13.3 Megapixels|
|Effective Pixels:||Approx. 12.1 Megapixels|
|Focal Length:||5.2 (W) - 26.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent|
|Focusing Range:||Auto & Manual Focus, 1.2 in (3 cm) - infinity (W), 12 in (30 cm) - infinity (T)|
|Normal AF:||2.0 in. (5 cm) - infinity (W), 12 in. (30 cm) - infinity (T)|
|Macro:||1.2 in. (3 cm) - 1.6 ft. (50 cm) (W), 12 in. (30 cm) - 1.6 ft. (50 cm) (T)|
|Autofocus System:||TTL Autofocus, Manual (Shooting standby only in movie mode.)|
|LCD Monitor:||3.0-inch TFT Color with wide viewing angle|
|LCD Pixels:||Approx. 461,000 dots|
|Aperture and Shutter|
|Maximum Aperture:||f/2.0 (W) - f/5.9 (T)|
|Shutter Speed:||1-1/2000 sec.|
|Total Shutter speed range:||15-1/2000 sec.|
|Sensitivity:||Auto, ISO 80/100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/ 2500/3200/4000/5000/6400 (in P Mode)|
|Light Metering Method:||Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot**|
|* Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect AiAF|
|** Metering frame is fixed to the center/linked to AF frame|
|Exposure Control Method:||Program AE, i-Contrast, Manual; AE Lock, Program Shift, Safety Shift, Auto ISO Shift|
|Exposure Compensation:||+/-3 stops in 1/3-stop increments|
|White Balance Control:||Auto*, Day Light, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater, Custom|
|* Facial color is evaluated in Face AiAF (Face Detect WB).|
|Flash modes:||Auto, Auto w/ Red-eye Reduction, Flash On, Flash On w/ Red-eye Reduction, Flash Off; FE lock, Safety FE, Slow Synchro|
|Flash Range:||1.6 - 23 ft. (W), 1.6 - 7.5 ft. (T) (50 cm - 7.0 m (W), 50 cm - 2.3 m (T))|
|Recycling Time:||10 seconds or less (battery voltage|
|Flash Exposure Compensation:||+/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments|
|Shooting Modes:||C, M, Av, Tv, P, Auto*1, SCN*2, Creative Filters *3, Movie*4|
|Shooting videos are possible with the movie button:|
|*1 Smart AUTO, also available for videos|
|*2 Movie Digest, Portrait, Landscape, Kids & Pets, Smart Shutter*5, High-Speed Burst HQ, Handheld Night Scene, Beach, Underwater, Foliage, Snow, Fireworks, Stitch Assist|
|*3 High Dynamic Range, Nostalgic, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap|
|*4 Standard, iFrame Movie, Super Slow Motion Movie|
|*5 Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Self-timer|
|My Colors:||My Colors Off, Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom|
|Self Timer:||Approx. 10-sec. delay, approx. 2-sec. delay, custom*|
|*Delay time (0-10 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1-10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.|
|Wireless Control:||Not available|
|Continuous Shooting:||Approx. 2.3 shots/sec. (in P mode); Approx. 9.6 shots/sec. (in High-Speed Burst HQ)*|
|* Maximum of 8 continuous shots per burst. Under conditions where the flash does not fire automatically. Differs depending on the zoom position.|
|Storage Media:||SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards and Eye-Fi|
|File Format:||Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant|
|Image Recording Format:||Normal, Fine|
|JPEG Compression Mode|
|Still Image:||Exif 2.3 (JPEG); RAW (CR2 (Canon Original));|
|Playback Modes File|
|Still Image:||Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Jump, Auto Rotate, Rotate, Resume, My Category, Transition Effects, Histogram, Index (4-100 thumbnails*), Over Exposure Warning, Slide Show, Red-eye Correction, Trimming, Resize, Image Inspection Tool, i-Contrast;|
|Movie:||Normal Playback, Special Playback, Editing, Auto Rotate, Resume|
|*As viewed in LCD monitor|
|Erase Modes, Still Image:||single image, all images|
|Erase Modes, Movie:||part of movie, all of movie|
|Other:||Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable|
|Power Source:||Rechargeable Battery Pack NB-5L OR Compact Power Adapter CA-DC10 (included with AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC30)|
|Still Image:||approx. 200 shots|
|Playback Time:||Approx. 4 hours|
|Dimensions (W x H x D):||3.90 x 2.34 x 1.05 in / 98.9 x 59.8 x 26.7 mm|
|Weight:||Approx. 6.98 oz. (198 g) (including the batteries and memory card)|
|Approx. 6.10 oz. (173 g) (camera body only)|
Features of Canon PowerShot Digital Camera S100:
- 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor combined with the new DIGIC 5 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for improved low-light performance up to ISO 6400 and enhanced image quality.
- Capture stunning Full HD 1080p video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; zoom while shooting and play back videos on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
- 5x Optical Zoom with 24mm wide angle allows you to capture more in your frame, and a bright f/2.0 lens makes it ideal for low-light conditions or using shallow depth-of-field for dramatic, soft backgrounds.
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
- High-Speed Burst HQ allows for continuous capture at a maximum of 8 frames while maintaining superb image quality
- Super Slow Motion Movie records video at high speeds to allow playback in slow motion.
- Full range of shooting and recording modes including RAW + JPEG for the ultimate creative control, and a control ring for intuitive manual adjustment.
- Built-in GPS tracker records your location, and a logger allows easy viewing of the locations on a map to help you remember where images were taken.
- Large 3.0-inch wide LCD enables easy viewing.
- 27 display languages provided (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian, Farsi, Hindi)